Who we are
At tinpin, we hope to provide a fun and creative experience creating customized products for our visitors and returning customers.
Our Website is https://tinpin.com and is proudly managed by tinpin, LLC in New York, USA.
What data we collect and why we collect it
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information you provide to us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic account information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who customize a product on Our Website to create an account, provide a email address along with a username, and name.
- Media: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us, you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
- Contact forms & other communications with us: You may provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our administrators about a support question, or sign up for a newsletter. When you communicate with us via form, email, phone, or otherwise, we store a copy of our communications. Contact form submission data, submitted from Our Website’s pages — IP address, user agent, name, email address, subject, message content, and any other additional form field information included in the submission form — maybe submitted to the Akismet service (owned by Automattic) for the sole purpose of spam checking. The actual submission data is stored in within the database of Our Website and is emailed directly to the administrator(s) of Our Website. This email may include the submitter’s IP address, timestamp, name, email address, subject, message content, and any other additional form field information included in the submission form.
Information we collect automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services–for example, when you create or make changes to your customer profile.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that site administrators and users perform. in other words, who did what, when and to what thing on Our Website. We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views, searches on Our Website) along with information about your device (e.g., screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps (when, for example, you post a photograph with location information) if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
- Stored Information: We may access information stored on your mobile device via our mobile apps. We access this stored information through your device operating system’s permissions. For example, if you give us permission to access the photographs on your mobile device’s camera roll, our Services may access the photos stored on your device when you upload a really amazing photograph to Our Website.
Information we collect from other sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you create or log into your account on Our Website through a social media service (like Instagram), we will receive information from that service (such as your username, basic profile information, and images you select to share with us) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available.
How and why we use information
Purposes for using information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services – for example, to set up and maintain your account, charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop and improve our Services – for example, by adding new features that we think our customers will enjoy or will help them to create and manage our Services more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our marketing, and better understand user retention and attrition;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Our Website and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by Our Website and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on our products (which you can unsubscribe from at any time); and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of our users, and serve relevant marketing possibilities.
Legal bases for collecting and using information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
- The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under the applicable terms of service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account — for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid product or service; or
- The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
- We have a legitimate interest in using your information — for example, to provide and update our Services; to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience; to safeguard our Services; to communicate with you; to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising; and to understand our user retention and attrition; to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services; and to personalize your experience; or
How we share information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you, those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers), and companies that make products available on our websites. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Legal and Regulatory Requirements: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Our Website, third parties, or the public at large.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to your site through our Publicize feature.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Site Owners: Your information may be shared with the administrators of Our Website.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Third-party venders used
- Data Used: Please refer to the appropriate Google Analytics documentation for the specific type of data it collects. Purchase events on Our Website may send Google Analytics the following information: order number, product id and name, product category, total cost, and quantity of items purchased. Our Website and Google Analytics utilize IP anonymization.
- Activity Tracked: This feature sends page view events (and potentially video play events) over to Google Analytics for consumption. Some additional events may also be sent to Google Analytics: shopping cart additions and removals, product listing views and clicks, product detail views, and purchases.
Instagram Authentication (Instagram, Inc.)
- Possible data collected: Instagram username, name, profile bio, profile image, user ID, and an auto generated access key (which expires after an unspecified amount of time).
- User’s Instagram password, phone, email and other personal information is NOT provided to Our Website by Instagram Authentication.
- Place of processing: Instagram Authentication is a registration and authentication service provided by Instagram, Inc. and is connected to the Instagram social network, located in the United States – See Instagram’s Data Policy for more information.
- Possible data used: For payments with PayPal or Stripe: purchase total, currency, billing information. For taxes: the value of goods in the cart, value of shipping, destination address. For checkout rates: destination address, purchased product IDs, dimensions, weight, and quantities. For shipping labels: customer’s name, address as well as the dimensions, weight, and quantities of purchased products.
Mailchimp (The Rocket Science Group LLC)
- Possible data collected: Cookies; email address; first name (if provided); last name (if provided); phone number (if provided); Usage Data; username; various types of Data (if provided).
- Dropbox with UpdraftPlus: To help keep our services maintained and safely backed up, we utilize an external backup service. Daily backups are kept securely for a week and then additional, longer term backups are kept safely, internally. To learn more about how information and content is backed-up and handled with these external services, please visit UpdraftPlus’s privacy pages as well as Dropbox’s privacy pages.
Information shared publicly
Information that you choose to make public is disclosed publicly.
That means, of course, that information that you provide permission to or make public on Our Website or third-party services are all available to others–and we hope you get a lot of views! For example, if you post a public photo or video within a social media services, with one of our hashtags, your content may be featured on Our Website or within our social media accounts.
Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by other third parties.
Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
How long we keep information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it — which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information — and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to Our Website, such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 60 days. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to Our Website and investigate issues if something goes wrong.
For users that register on Our Website, we store the information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services may not be accessible.
- Limit Access to Information on Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps. If you do so, you may not be able to use certain features (like adding a location to a photograph, for example).
- Opt-Out of Marketing Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us. Just follow the instructions in those communications or let us know. If you opt out of promotional communications, we may still send you other communications, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, Our Website does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Our Website, with the drawback that certain features of Our Website may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Personal Data Request: If you have an account on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- Close Your Account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to use our Services, you can close your account. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account — for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to find out how to reach us.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner/Administrator(s) through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner/Administrator(s) as early as possible and always within one month.
A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns. Pixel tags (also called web beacons) are small blocks of code placed on websites and emails.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Pages Our Website may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Instagram widget (Instagram, Inc.)
Instagram is an image visualization service provided by Instagram, Inc. that allows Our Website to incorporate content of this kind on its pages.
- Personal Data collected: Cookies; Usage Data.
How we protect your data
We protect customer data with the following site features:
- We are entirely using SSL/HTTPS throughout all Our Website pages. This encrypts our user communications with the servers so personal identifiable information is never captured by third parties without authorization.
- We use firewalls and malware scanners to prevent unauthorized access to your data.
- Our core service provides Our Website with automatic security updates and patches, when necessary.
- We do not keep user credit card information on Our Website database(s) – that information is securely kept with our third-party e-commerce services.
- Databases are sanitized (actual user personal details are removed) before deploying to development or testing environment.
What data breach procedures we have in place
In case of a data breach, Administrator(s) will immediately go through affected User Data and will attempt to reset passwords, if needed, after informing the User (if contact information is provided). We will work closely with any Customers affected to determine next steps such as any end-user notifications, needed patches, and how to avoid any similar event in the future.
Definitions and legal references
- Personal Data (or Data): Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
- Usage Data: Information collected automatically through Our Website (or third-party services employed in Our Website), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use Our Website, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within Our Website) and the details about the path followed within Our Website with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s IT environment.
- User/Customer/Visitor: The individual using Our Website who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject.
- Data Controller (or Owner): The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of Our Website. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of Our Website.
- Service: The service provided by Our Website as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this site/application.
- European Union (or EU): Unless otherwise specified, all references made within this document to the European Union include all current member states to the European Union and the European Economic Area.
- Cookies: Small sets of data stored in the User’s device.
How to Reach Us
- Published: April 3, 2019.
- Updated: May 24, 2019 – Added information about backup services.